Departure from the Hotel towards the city of Guimarães, here we will visit:
- Guimarães Castle, one of the best known monuments in Portugal and where D. Afonso Henriques, the 1st King of Portugal, was born. This 10th century castle tells the story of the Nation;
- Chapel of S. Miguel where D. Afonso Henriques was baptized in 1106;
- Palace of the Dukes of Bragança, classified as a national monument since 1910, this palace functions as a Museum.
- We continue with the visit to the Historic Center of Guimarães through its medieval streets and squares.
Free time for lunch.
Departure from Guimarães towards Braga, here we will visit:
- Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary, Ex-libris of the city and declared by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 2019. This pilgrimage site is one of the most impressive sacred hills in Europe. Magnificent location, located on the top of the hill, surrounded by beautiful gardens and composed by the Chapels of Via Sacra, the Church, the Staircase of 573 steps and the Funicular;
- Braga Cathedral, one of the most important buildings in the city and considered the birthplace of the city, it is the oldest in Portugal;
- The visit ends in the Historic Center through its streets and gardens;
Return to the Hotel.
SCHEDULE: GUIMARÃES AND BRAGA PRIVATE TOUR
PICK-UP – 09h00 DROP-OFF – 18h00
PRICE – PER CAR 240€ (1 to 4 people)